Cookie Sheet Chalkboard


Hello friends! Hope you are all having a good day!

I thought I would share with you a very quick project today. On the weekend when I was snowed in I decided to get to work on a few little projects I'd been wanting to do for a while and this is one of them.

I loved this idea from Emily about making a chalkboard out of a wooden cutting board:


{find it}

Cute, right? However, I didn't have a wooden cutting board on hand, but I did have a cookie sheet that I wasn't using. {Plus, I'm 99% certain I've seen the idea of applying chalkboard paint to cookie sheets floating around Pinterest}. So I got to work.

All this project involved was chalkboard paint & an old cookie sheet {or a new one I guess}. Next up, get painting. I did 3 coats to get it fully covered and waited about an hour between each coat {as per the instructions on the paint label}. Depending on the paint, and your cookie sheet, it may only take 2 for you. However, I would definitely recommend more than 1 coat of paint to be sure the surface is fully covered.


*I promise you the cookie sheet in the above photo is clean*

Once you have applied your 2-3 coats of paint, let the piece sit and dry for about 3 days. After that you should be good to go! Before writing on it chalk it up {take a piece of chalk and run it on it's side all over the piece}. Wipe clean & then message away!

I think it will be great for writing down things we need:


Or just fun messages:


So there you have it. If you're looking for something to chalkboard, look no further than your kitchen cupboards!

Hope you're all having a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. This is such a great idea! Thanks for sharing this DIY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! -no worries every single cookie sheet I own looks like that:) well seasoned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to remember to do that when I get a new cookie sheet. I am always baking & mine is getting pretty warn. I saw some other ideas for them on Pinterest too that were neat. Visiting from DearCreatives.com Drop by sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!! So cute! Thanks for following me on FB! I "liked" you back! Your blog is adorable! The colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so many worn out cookie sheets that i could do this with! Great idea. A row of them on the wall in the kitchen would look neat - maybe even in different colours since BM makes chalkboard in every colour now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, would be fun to see it in different colours! Let me know if you do that, would love to see :)

      Delete
  6. I have two old cookie sheets that are icky that I've been meaning to do something with. I'm thinking chalkboard paint is a nifty idea. Plus magnets stick to it! So you can stick notes or important papers to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm getting ready to "tackle" my kitchen, so I've been looking for ideas. This one is a KEEPER! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!