26 July 2013

Orzo Salad





Earlier this week I whipped up a new salad that I'd never made before. It was so tasty I just had to pass the word along. Plus, it was easy and quick to make. What could be better?

I found the original recipe here. I followed the recipe, except I omitted the fresh herbs {simply because I didn't have the ones called for}.

So here's what I did:

Cook 1 1/2 cups of orzo pasta. Drain and let cool for a bit. Then stir in 2 tbsp of olive oil, the juice & zest of 1 lemon. Next add chunks of cucumber {I used 3/4 of a large english cucumber & didn't bother seeding it}. Then add 1/2 cup of feta cheese {I definitely used more...I love feta cheese!}. Mix in salt & pepper. Lastly, set in fridge to cool. It's that easy.

I set this salad in the fridge for probably 1/2 an hour before I dug in. It didn't even last a full 2 days in our house. I'll definitely be making this again this summer as it has such a fresh taste and requires very little time.

I'd love to hear what kind of summer meals you like to whip up quick!

Happy weekend!


2 comments:

  1. My husband is obsessed with Orzo. So I deff need to give this recipe a try.
    Thanks!

    Ox
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out for ya if you do! :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!