We Have Curtains! {It's Only Been 4 Months...}


It's only been 4 months since we moved into our new apartment, but we finally have some curtains for our living room.


This probably should have been one of the first things on my "to-do" list when we moved in however, time got away on me. Another factor was that we live on the 3rd floor with the building across the street having no windows facing us. I also couldn't really find anything that I liked enough to spend money on, and anytime I did find something that I liked it was always a higher price than I wanted to pay {my frugality always won}. Luckily, on a recent trip to HomeSense I found some curtains. An even better bonus? They were on sale and only ended up being $10 a panel. Perfect.

What do I like about them?

1. The Pattern. I debated going with just a solid colour - leaning highly upon a neutral {go figure} - however, I thought it might be nice to add a pattern to our space. Even though I did stick with neutrals, the pattern definitely makes things a bit more lively in the room.

2. The Weight. I didn't want sheers but I also didn't want black out curtains for the space either. I wanted a happy-medium. I was looking for something that wouldn't completely darken the room if they were closed during the day and the linen-like material of these work perfect.

It's hard to get a good photo capturing the true likeness of them {and the wall for that matter}, but for now here's an idea of what they look like in the space...

First a little before action:


And after:



This space is slowly coming together, but it's finally starting to feel a bit more homey.
Again, the smallest things can make the biggest difference.

What small thing have you done around your house lately that has made all the difference? 

Comments