Mirror Into a Chalkboard


I'm finally sharing a little project! This one is simple and has been done by many before. Really, there are no instructions other than I painted a mirror with chalk paint & painted according to the directions on the can. The end. 

Nonetheless, I thought I'd show the end result. I've had this mirror for quite sometime. If I remember correctly, it was a Christmas Tree Shop find for $10. With the frame it measures 24x20, so it's a good size. From various moves the frame is a bit beat up so I thought it would be a great piece to turn into a chalkboard.

Here's the little before shot...



And here's how it turned out:


Side note, if you're painting a mirror with chalkboard paint, many coats will be necessary to cover it completely. Also, I really wanted to be sure the paint cured well, so I didn't write on it for almost a week. The piece is still sitting on the chair in the corner of our living/dining space as I haven't quite decided where it will reside. I'm also debating painting the frame as I think some colour would make it more interesting. I finally found a store that sells Annie Sloan paint in my city {I'm really quite excited about this!} and I'm thinking this would be perfect to test it out on.

This chalkboard is going to be great to write verses, encouraging reminders, etc. on. 
I jotted these little words on it for now as a little reminder




A quick & easy {not to mention, completely free as I had everything on hand} project.
Sometimes it's the simple things.

Comments