Just a Little Bit of Craft Paint


I'm finally getting a chance here and there to tackle some things I've been wanting to do for a while. 
Today I thought I'd share a couple of those things with you. Here are two projects that I'm really glad are finished! They really took very little time/effort & all I needed was a little bit of craft paint.

First up: the octagon frame & letter "F". I've had this frame probably since around Easter and it was a free find {thanks to my lovely friend!}. A few weeks back I found this letter "F" on sale at Indigo and snatched it up thinking it'd be perfect to go "inside" the octagon. I was right. It was the perfect size.

I didn't really love the wooden frame {but I loved the shape!}, so I decided that a little craft paint would do the trick to give it a quick transformation. I will say, I did have to paint probably 6 coats to get it covered evenly, but hey, it didn't even take up the whole 2oz bottle! I ended up using Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint by Martha Stewart & the colour was "Wedding Cake". It has a slight sheen to it and I really like the outcome. 




The hardest part was deciding what wall to put it on!

Next Up: Remember the mirror turned chalkboard from a while back? Well, I love that the mirror is now a chalkboard! However, I thought it would be nice to add a bit of colour to the frame, plus I wanted to get it up on the wall as it's just been leaning on a dresser ever since. 

Here's what it looked like before:


And here it is with a newly painted frame:


It's hard to tell, but it's a light blue colour. Again, I used Multi-Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint {seriously, that's a mouth full} by Martha Stewart & the colour is "Cloud". Again, it has a bit of a sheen to it and for this frame I only had to do 2 coats. In a few places you can see a bit of white peeking through, but it's barely noticeable. If you look closely and do see it, it really just gives it more of a weathered sort of look, and that's OK with me.


I's only been on the wall since Saturday, but I already love it! I'm sure there will be many things written on this chalkboard and I love how it's central to our living/dining area. Plus, when working at the kitchen island, it's in plain sight. 

Isn't it great what a little bit of craft paint can do?!
What have you painted with craft paint lately?

Comments