Foodie Friday Re-Run: Pumpkin Soup


This week really has felt like fall. It's been cool & crisp in the mornings and evenings, and in the afternoon it's been warm. Perfect days. Ever since September hit I've just wanted to bake & cook; and this week with the change in temperature, it really made me want to whip up my favourite pumpkin soup. So I did. I made a double batch and put half in the freezer for a quick meal at a later date. 

If you recall, this is one of my favourite soups this time of year and I have shared it before, however, it's worth sharing again. You can find the original post here {I have updated the photos in the original post}. 



Pumpkin Soup

- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
*Sauté in a pot until clear and soft - just don't brown*

Next Add the following:

- 2 cups of chicken stock 
- 1 potato {a good size}
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp thyme

*Bring to a boil and then let everything simmer until the potato is cooked through. Once the potato is cooked through, remove pot from burner and let cool before running it through a blender. Blend until it's a creamy consistency {sometimes I cheat and don't let it cool all the way}. Once blended & creamy return to pot.

Next stir in:

-14 oz can of pumpkin pie filling {yup!}
- 2 cups of milk {I use skim and it turns out great}

Blend in pie filling & milk using a whisk. If you find the soup is still a little thick for your liking you can add more milk to thin it out {I'll occasionally add a bit more milk, depends on the batch}. Heat through & enjoy! 


I love to serve this soup with fresh bread or biscuits. 



If you've never tried it, it's the perfect soup to try this weekend!

What's one of your favourite soups to make this time of year?

Happy Weekending!

Comments

  1. Evelyn made some homemade (of course!) last week, but I didn't get to try it. I've only had it once before, so maybe we'll have to try it soon! I love soup so much :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by & taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!