All Piled Up: Currently Reading


Each day, no matter how chaotic, I try and squeeze in a bit of reading. I used to be the type of person that hated having various books on the go, but now I find myself picking away at many books at a time.

And because I always like to hear about what others are reading, here's a look at what I've got going on right now:




  1. The Life - Changing Magic of Tidying Up (Marie Kondo) - I just started this book last week, and so far so good. I've only heard good things about it and thought it might be worth the read. I find myself already looking to really tidy things up around here. I think it'll be the little bit of extra motivation that I need to start that spring cleaning
  2. Savor & Cold Tangerines (Shauna Niequist) - A friend of mine suggested the book Cold Tangerines to me. It's a book full of small essays on life & faith and I've really been enjoying picking it up here and there and reading an essay or two. Savor is by the same author and it's more of a quick little devotional that I often will use as part of my quiet time for the day. 
  3. Living Well Spending Less (Ruth Soukup) - About a month and a half ago we began doing a Dave Ramsey course and this is a book that I started to read right around the same time. It's about contentment, goals, and really living well, all while cutting back on "stuff".
  4. Love the Home You Have (Melissa Michaels) - I'm really enjoying this book. While it can be easy to get caught up in the fact that your house may not be ideal, it's a reminder that we can create a home we love right where we're at. 
  5. The Best Yes (Lysa Terkeurst) - This books is good. It's all about saying "no" so that you can say "yes" to the things that you really need to say "yes" to. It's good to remember that in order to say "yes" to something, you more than likely need to say "no" another thing. Something I need to be better at for sure. 

Going to the bookstore is probably one of my favourite things to do. Not to mention, Indigo has home decor items as well, so it's a win-win in my book. And now that we have a little one, I especially love looking at books for her. I currently have a long wish list on Amazon just so I can remember what books I'd like to check out when I'm at the store (for me and her). Are you a big reader?


What are you currently reading? I always like to hear what everyone else is reading. Plus, I'm looking for a good fiction book to start, so if you have any suggestions send them my way!


Comments