Feels Like Home (Mostly)


It's been a chaotic couple of weeks, but things are finally starting to slow down. It's nice to finally be moved and only semi living out of boxes. We are mostly unpacked and our apartment is feeling more like home. 

I mentioned here that this is the first of two moves. We'll be in this apartment until the new year (date to be determined), and then we have a slightly bigger move. There are still some things up in the air, but it'll all fall into place in the months to come. 

Since we won't be here very long we've debated how much to unpack. I even debated not putting things on the walls. There are things we could do without that we could leave in boxes and pile in the closets or in the corners of rooms if need be. In the end, I decided that I wanted to avoid that as much as possible. We still have some things packed, but for the most part I decided that I wanted us to actually live here and enjoy this current season of life. Plus, I wanted E to have plenty of space to roam about and not have to live in a maze of boxes. And thankfully, we have some wonderful friends who are housing some of the things we don't need at the moment and can live without until the next place. 


As you can see things have gone up on the walls. I just had to. I know it'll be a pain to pack everything again in about 6+ months, but that's OK. Like I said, I wanted us to fully live where we're currently at. We're kind of living in limbo at the moment, but I wanted our limbo to be homey. 


And since it's summer, and we have a little patio, you can bet we've created a happy little space outside to enjoy! And speaking of patios, remember this one?

There's more to come, and I'll have more to share soon!

Comments