Fall Wardrobe Staples


I'm no fashion blogger, but I thought I'd share some of my favourite fall wardrobe staples today. Now that the weather is starting to get cooler it's time to pull out the warmer clothes (& boots!). Here is a look at what my wardrobe leans towards this time of year.


Boots & Socks - Tall casual boots are generally my go-to this time of year. Plus, boots like the ones above, can easily be dressed up a bit. Pair them with a cute dress & leggings and you're good to go! I'm also a fan of my Hunters. I have a fleece lining for them that makes them extra cozy when needed. And socks. Nothing beats a good cozy pair of socks this time of year. (Boots above are from Target - I miss Target! - & find you can find the socks here).

Chambray Shirt - I love these for layering or just wearing as is. I have the one above and love it!

Scarf - Scarves are great anytime of year, but there's something about a scarf in the fall that trumps wearing one any other time. I've got a few great ones that I can't wait to pull out. You can find the one above here.

Plaid - Something plaid. Be it a scarf or a shirt. The green one pictured below is my current favourite. I pulled it out the other day when the air shifted. I found it at H&M last year (the one above is from H&M too).


Bag - Never underestimate a good bag. The one pictured above is from Target. If we still had Target in Canada I'd go snatch this one up. I love the colour and the hobo look. I've been carrying around a diaper bag (a cute one that doesn't necessarily look like a diaper bag, but a diaper bag nonetheless) for what seems like so long now. I think it's time to find a new purse for those times I just don't want the diaper bag.

Sweater - A good sweater is another essential this time of year. One that can be for those casual days but that can also be dressed up a bit is great too. Plus I'm all about the layering. Find the one above here.

Lip Balm - So this isn't a clothing item but it's a staple of mine, especially in the cooler months. A good lip balm is a must & this rosebud salve is my favourite.


What are your fall wardrobe staples?

Connect with me: Facebook - Twitter - Pinterest - Instagram

Comments